About Badgerland Council
What’s a council? Picture a map of the United States then picture it divided into 112 regions. Those 112 regions are Girl Scout Councils providing the framework to deliver Girl Scouting to the community.
So…within that map? We’re Badgerland!
Badgerland is your partner and guide to all things Girl Scouting in south-central and southwest Wisconsin. Badgerland serves 24 counties in Wisconsin as well as Houston County in Minnesota and Allamakee County in Iowa.
Badgerland is home to four Service Centers in Janesville, La Crosse, Madison and Platteville. What’s a Service Center? More than an office! Our Service Centers are also where you’ll find the Girl Scout Shop (get your gear here!) and tons of resources including professional expertise and even check-out supplies for your troop. See all the handy goodies we have for you here.
See the Badgerland Service Centers and Shops.
Badgerland is funded through grants, donations, bequests, program fees, product sales, investment income and endowments.
Badgerland at a Glance
- Approximately 8900 girl members
- Over 3000 adult volunteers and mentors
- $6.4 million budget
- 16 girls were awarded the Girl Scout Gold Award in March 2016, the highest award in Girl Scouting
- 1378 girls attended summer camp in 2015
- 5 properties and 4 Service Centers throughout Badgerland Council’s jurisdiction
- Read the Annual Report
See what’s happening in Badgerland. Check us out on Social Media!