Hodgepodge Plogging [Grades K-12] - March 15 to April 26, 2019
Fri Mar 15, 12:00 AM - Fri Apr 26, 11:59 PM CST
$12 per participant
Camping & Outdoors
Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior, Ambassador
Plogging is a crazy word that means something awesome - it's a combination of jogging and picking up litter. Let's clean up your community this spring and, at the same time, set a personal mileage goal. Here's how it works: For a 6-week period, get outside and clean up parks, trails, roads and green spaces. Set a goal - maybe complete a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, or full 26.2 mile Marathon while you're out making the world a better place. The challenge lasts 6 weeks but you can do it all in a day (WOW!) just on weekends or all 43 days - it's up to you. Log your mileage in the GS tracker form that we'll provide. When you are done, turn in your tracker and earn a patch and a medal!
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- Join the fun by signing up for this event and paying the $12 fee. We will be sending out motivational messages, information and fun stories throughout the 6 week window.
- When you are done with your distance, report your mileage through the online mileage report (to be released in time for the run) and get your event medal and patch in the mail.
- Help girls track their mileage with the provided Hodgepodge Plogging tracker (to be released in time for the run).
- Adults are welcome to get in on the fun as well. Make it a family event. Everyone that pays the $12 fee and reports their mileage will get an event patch and medal.
- Please send in pictures of your plogging adventures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about the program? Call Badgerland Council's Customer Care Team at 800.236.2710.