Earn Badgerland Council Patches
Girls are able to connect with their community on a whole new level through council patch programs!
Brand new in 2019! Get fit while cleaning up your community! Girls will earn both a patch and a medal.
Innovate for Impact
for girls in grades 2-12
Today’s Girl Scouts are tomorrow’s innovators who will come up with the Next Big Thing. This patch program is all about giving girls the foundation to kick-start their imaginations and experimentation.
Earn the Pie-Shaped Patch
Part 1. TEST IT OUT
Part 2: MEET AN INVENTOR
Part 3: VISIT AN INNOVATION HUB
Part 4: WHAT WILL YOU CREATE?
Be your own boss and make money doing what you love this year as an entrepreneur! Discover what an entrepreneur is, brainstorm the perfect business idea for you, develop a business plan, develop your product, decide how much you want to sell it for, and then sell it to make real money!
Girl Scout Makers
girls in grades K-12
Makers create, build, design and engineer amazing things every day. Girl Scout Makers will learn to use technology to make a difference. Makers Kits are available for check-out at all Badgerland Service Centers. Each kit includes all the pieces your girls need to complete the steps to earn the patch along with simple instructions and an Adult Learning Guide. Girls do not need to be in a certain level to earn that patch. For example, a Junior troop could earn the Brownie and Junior Makers patches.
- Daisy Makers Kit: Buttons and switches are at your fingertips with Snap Circuits Extreme.
- Brownie Makers Kit: Use
littleBits to create your own amazing invention.
- Junior Makers Kit: Click blocks of code together like Legos to
program a tiny computer.
- Cadette Makers Kit: Ready
to write your own code? Follow along with Super Awesome
- Senior Makers Kit: Write the soundtrack of your life with a computer the size of a library card.
- Ambassador Makers Kit: Code, create and test your own Android app.
Check-Out Form | $30 deposit for each kit
Inspiration Project Patch Program
for girls in grades K-5
Work together as a troop, with friends and family to inspire our communities with exciting take action or community service projects throughout Badgerland!
Donate Life Patch Program
Girls Scouts are always looking for ways to help other people. Through this program, you can learn about how we can advocate for organ, eye and tissue donations. Learn about what it is and how it works and help save lives in the process.
A member organization of Donate Life Wisconsin, UW Organ and Tissue Donation, is offering support in earning this patch and accessing lots of amazing resources. Things like:
- Free patches
- SWAG like awareness bracelets, pins, stickers, coloring pages and more.
- Access to professionals the girls can talk to. That could be nurses, social workers, recovery coordinators, and admin staff.
- Connections to local families with loved ones who donated organs and/or recipients who received transplants.
- Learning aides like models of the human body.
UW Organ and Tissue Donation is working directly with Girl Scouts to provide everything for free to the girls. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to learn more about the human body and possibly save lives through advocating for organ and tissue donation.
To learn more, order patches or gain access to the items listed above, you may contact:
Carol Hay, Community Outreach Coordinator
UW Organ and Tissue Donation
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 608.890.7229